Monday, November 23, 2009

Labs!




I love Labradors. Jenny, our family dog when I was a kid, was part Lab.
My favorite are black labs, but I like silver and chocolate labs too. For some reason I don't like yellow labs as much. However I love golden red on a yellow lab.

Good Points:
Listed as one of the best breeds around children and other pets.
Widely considered to be the most popular breed in the world.
Not too territorial.
Very Faithful and loving which is important to me.
Usually live 10-12 years which is higher than some breeds.
So darn precious!

Problems:
They can become obese very easily and will beg for food and ingest inedible things when available. Becasue they are so sweet people tend to give them more treats and this can lead to later health issues related to obesity.

This probably won't be too much of a problem because I don't plan to free feed my dog. In a dog manuel that I read recently it said that most dog breeds like stability and routine in their days and like to be fed around the same time every day. I also learned that puppies need a lot of food, but need to take it in small portions every few hours because their stomachs are tiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment