Saturday, November 21, 2009

Bernese Mountain Dogs







So the first breed that I'm considering is the Bernese Mountain Dog. I think they are beautiful and perfect for Alaska as they have a heavy coat.
I want a large dog and Berners can get up to 105 pounds.

They are very smart and loyal although they take a little more patience to train than some dogs. They are very obedient.

They are very protective and good with little kids (important) and other pets.

Some downsides would be:

That they are more prone to cancer than most breeds, but we can check their family history and I will be sure to pray every night that mine doesn't. Even if I don't get this breed I will still add him to my prayer list of people and pets to keep safe and healthy.

That they shed seasonally, but I will brush him as often as needed. You know I will because my room and clothes will garner the most loose fur if I don't.



No comments:

Post a Comment